Welcome to the 2020 gardening season!
We are officially opening the garden Saturday May 9th. However, given the current state of emergency in the province, we won’t be allowed to operate as we normally do and must comply with restrictions and preventative measures developed in consultation with the Kingston Community Gardens Network, local garden representatives and KFL&A Public Health.
BEFORE entering the garden, you MUST read and ANSWER THE QUESTIONS in the Lakeside COVID-19 Safe Operating Guidelines & Agreement.
New Members: Welcome to the garden! A board member would be happy to meet you on site to give you a tour, show you your plot and show you where everything is. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org we’ll set up a time to meet.
Plot Assignments: Here is a map of the garden with plot assignments. If you have any questions about your plot assignment just email email@example.com.
Volunteer sign up: We won’t be able to hold work bees this year due to COVID-19, but Dan has put together a wonderful list of volunteer tasks. Please READ the task list and SIGN UP here for tasks you’re interested in helping out with. If you have any problems with the sign up sheet, just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand washing station: Tom built a hands-free hand washing station for you to use when you enter and before you leave the garden. You can find the station next to the shed.
Bathroom facilities: With COVID-19 restrictions, Sharing Centre is closed and so we have no bathroom facilities this year.
A few reminders
- Compost is available at the North end of the garden. Please limit compost use to 4 wheelbarrows/plot/season. A new load is being delivered Monday.
- NO personal vehicle access or deliveries are allowed. Occasionally delivery vehicles access the site. If there are any vehicles on site, please ensure you & your children stay safely away.
- Lots of woodchips available at the North end of the garden. You can use these on the pathways or to mulch your plot.
- If there are any broken or missing tools/hoses/nozzles, please email the board.
- All motorized devices (ie lawn mower, rototiller) requires a waiver. Email the board for more information.