Registration for the 2021 gardening season begins on November 1st. Currently we have a waiting list. Plots are offered to returning members first. Any memberships not renewed by November 15th are offered to people on the waiting list.
You may still sign up as a general member if you would like to be involved with stewarding our food forest. We’re planting fruit trees (apple, pear, plum, persimmon), nut trees (walnut, hickory, hazelnut) and berry bushes (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, saskatoons, haskaps and more).
If you’d like to be added to the waiting list for plots, email email@example.com.
All memberships include access to compost, water, mulch, tools and the food forest.
- Plot member: 10×10′ plots, $30 per plot
- General member: $10 or by donation (donations help support the purchase of fruit and nut trees*)
- Children’s garden member: 3×3′ plots in the Children’s Garden, $5 per plot
Fees may be waived due to financial hardship. If you have any questions or want to request a special fee consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you want to donate a fruit tree, nut tree or berry bushes take a look at the Whiffletree catalogue, choose a tree or shrub and let us know which one you’d like to donate.
Registration to become a member
- Read the 2021 Member’s Agreement
- Complete the 2021 member registration form
- Send a cheque (payable to Lakeside Community Garden) or cash (bills only, no loose change) to: Jason Vlahakis, 387 McEwen Drive, Kingston, Ontario, K7M 3W4. You can call Jason at 613-542-3853 to let him know you’re coming.
Using machinery at the garden Waiver
If members want to use machinery (such as rototillers, lawn mowers and chainsaws) they must:
- Sign this Waiver
- Obtain signed approval by the Board of Directors
- Provide at least 48 hours advance notice
- Follow the outlined policies