Registration for returning members for the 2020 gardening season is open. This year all memberships include access to our fledgeling food forest. We’re planting fruit trees (apple, pear, plum, persimmon), nut trees (walnut, hickory, hazelnut) and berry bushes (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, saskatoons, haskaps and more).
All memberships include access to compost, water, mulch, tools and the food forest.
- Plot member: 10×10′ plots, $30 per plot
- Supporting member: $10 or by donation (donations help support the purchase of fruit and nut trees*)
- Children’s garden member: 3×3′ plots in the Children’s Garden, $5 per plot
Fees may be waived due to financial hardship. If you have any questions or want to request a special fee consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you want to donate a fruit tree, nut tree or berry bushes take a look at the Whiffletree catalogue, choose a tree or shrub and let us know which one you’d like to donate.
Registration to become a member
- Read the Gardener’s Agreement
- Complete the registration form
- Send a cheque (payable to Lakeside Community Garden) or cash (bills only, no loose change) to: Jason Vlahakis, 387 McEwen Drive, Kingston, Ontario, K7M 3W4. You can call Jason at 613-542-3853 to let him know you’re coming.
Using machinery at the garden Waiver
If members want to use machinery (such as rototillers, lawn mowers and chainsaws) they must:
- Sign this Waiver
- Obtain signed approval by the Board of Directors
- Provide at least 48 hours advance notice
- Follow the outlined policies