Registration for the 2022 gardening season begins November 1st. Plots are offered to returning members first. If your memberships is not renewed and paid for by November 15, we offer the plot to people on the waiting list.
Plot memberships aren’t the only way to be involved in the Garden. Sign up as a General Member and help steward our Edible Forest Garden (Apples, Pears, Plums, Persimmons, Pawpaws, Asian Pears, Peaches, Apricots), nut trees (Walnut, Shagbark & Shellbark Hickories, Hazelnuts, Oaks) and berry bushes (Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries, Saskatoons, Haskaps, Sour Cherries, Currants, Gooseberries).
If you’d like to be added to the waiting list for plots, email email@example.com.
All memberships include access to compost, water, mulch, tools and the food forest.
- Plot member: 10×10′ plots, $30 per plot
- General member: $10 or by donation (donations help support the purchase of fruit and nut trees, construction of shade structures & benches, and other garden activities*)
- Children’s garden member: 3×3′ plots in the Children’s Garden, $5 per plot
Fees may be waived due to financial hardship. If you have any questions or want to request a special fee consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you want to donate a fruit tree, nut tree or berry bushes take a look at the Whiffletree catalogue, choose a tree or shrub and let us know which one you’d like to donate.
Registration to become a member
- Read the 2022 Member’s Agreement
- Complete the 2022 member registration form
- Send a cheque (payable to Lakeside Community Garden) or cash (bills only, no loose change) to: Jason Vlahakis, 387 McEwen Drive, Kingston, Ontario, K7M 3W4. You can call Jason at 613-542-3853 to let him know you’re coming.
Using machinery at the garden Waiver
If members want to use machinery (such as rototillers, lawn mowers and chainsaws) they must:
- Sign this Waiver
- Obtain signed approval by the Board of Directors
- Provide at least 48 hours advance notice
- Follow the outlined policies